Monday, June 9, 2014

Prophecy goes a long way!


View this email in your browser

Prophecy goes a long way!

Loving people on the streets is so life giving!!

Since being back from Poland we have hit the streets again doing our prophetic sign ministry and dramas. Every time we go out to share about Jesus we always leave feeling so amazed at how many people need love! People are so in need of feeling a touch from God that is a privilege that God allowed us to come all the way to Europe to touch the nations for HIM!!

These girls in this picture are from Germany. They were SO cute and open to what we were doing. They were all in high school on a trip through Spain. When I saw them all standing over on the other side of the street looking at our signs for prayer I walked over and introduced myself. I tried to tell them that we were practicing hearing from God and sharing it with people - what God wants to say to them. They weren't sure what to think of it until I just started prophesying over them. The first girl that stood out to me was the one with red hair. I just felt like she had a really hard past and that she needed to know that she was really sweet inside and not rejected. I started to say a few things like this to her and INSTANTLY she burst into tears, almost surprising her own self. She needed love so badly that one kind word even from a stranger made her cry. The other girls instatnly had my attention after that. And one by one I began to share what I saw in each of them and by the end there were tears and goosebumps, the whole thing. I felt like one girl was really into art and that God wanted her to use her gifts in art for God.. all the other girls giggled in awe at how I knew that.. but of course I know that it's because God made her and knows her and he just tells me a little about her life. By the end they didn't want to leave and ended up calling their guy friends over saying, "try to do that for him, and him" as they pointed to their friends. Funny thing is that my guy DTS students had already made moves to go and prophecy over them while I was with the girls. In the end it was SO cool and we all got each others facebooks and took pictures. I encouraged them all to as Jesus if he is real because the only reason that I knew ANYTHING about them was because He showed me and He loves them and wants a relationship with them. It was amazing!

Woman in Wheelchair 
Gosh there are so many other stories but I don't have time to write them all. I will give one more story though and this was of a girl we all prayed over in Poland who was in a wheel chair and struggled with anorexia and bulimia and a list of other problems. We had visited a youth group and Luke gave a talk about how we all need to love one another etc then we shared stories of what God was doing on the streets healing people etc and that God could heal anyone right there in that youth group. Then we invited people to come and get prayer for anything. Then this lady came forward, the one in the wheelchair and we prayed for her. She started crying and we just felt the love of God sweep over her. After than nothing else seemed to happen, no healing, not much. But we blessed her and left.

THEN... Two weeks later I get this email from one of the youth group leaders... check it out:

"hi dear Bethany, I am writing to you to tell you some things about Patrycja, the girl on wheelchair you have prayed for with all some people from you group when you where here in Poland. I hope you remember. She had problems with bulimia and anorexia, etc. After prayer you said that everything is going to change in a few next days. And it happened !! She is free from bulimia now, and her health is improving every day (sight, legs, arms). Miracles happen in her life now She wants to give testimony every where Look:"

AND SHE SENT ME THIS PICTURE on Facebook:
Izabela is on the streets proclaiming the miracle that Jesus did in her life! We KNEW we were supposed to go to Poland for a reason! Go God!
Needless to say God is doing some really cool stuff.

Luke and I got to go to a wedding in London for one of our YWAM DTS staff who got married. I (bethany) was asked to play guitar in the wedding and one of our students Josh played the piano. It was awesome and over 20 YWAMers were there from all over the world. Talk about a global reunion. We are so blessed to have family everywhere!
One more week left!!

We have such a short time left. 9 days to be exact. We have a pretty full schedule for this time and would love your prayers for our team to stay FOCUSED on being here and not looking to the next thing, going home etc. There are still so many people to love here in Spain and we don't want to miss anyone who God wants to touch.

Luke and I are tired but doing well. Can you pray for us to feel refreshed in our quiet times with God and for us to find alone time with each other amongst this busy time. Going home to Australia won't be very restful for the first few weeks because we have a lot of things to deal with being DTS directors: new staff coming in, leading a week of debrief for this current school, debriefing our whole staff and getting a new DTS started ( the June 30th DTS) the DAY after this DTS graduates. So it's not looking very restful for the next few weeks BUT after that we hope to take 3 or 4 days away at some cheap bed and breakfast or something to just unwind and reflect on what God is doing.

So if you can keep Luke and I in your prayer right now that would be AWESOME.. and if you get any words from God WE WOULD LOVE to hear them. Thank you.

Please pray for Luke in particular. He seems to be feeling a bit down lately and frustrated at certain things. I know he needs rest too. Can you please pray for him. He has been such a good support to me on this outreach and I know he needs rest.

Thank you. Love you guys.

Bethany and Luke

No comments: