Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Finally an update from us!! blame it on Josiah! ;)


Josiah has arrived!!!
Most of you have probably seen a lot of these pics on facebook but for those who aren't on facebook here you go! 


We are in love!! Probably one of the coolest moments in our lives was seeing Josiah for the first time! The feelings are indescribable! All the parents reading this are probably nodding their heads going,"Yup I know that feeling!"...

Well he arrived on Jan 8th and has captured our hearts every moment since then... which speaking of time, it's been SIX WEEKS already!!! Wow I can't believe that!! It's felt like one LONG day for me (bethany) seeing that I don't get much sleep these days lol!! Nah but it's actually been pretty awesome. Josiah sleeps pretty well during the night.. I mean he still wakes up but he doesn't cry all night or anything so that's nice.

The Story Behind his name:
9 years ago when Luke and I first got married I had a vision of Josiah at 2 years old where he walked up to me and put his hands on my leg and looked up into my eyes. Then his name JOSIAH appeared right in front of me! I had never thought of the name or knew it's meaning but I knew that was his name.

There are a few meanings of the name Josiah but one of them is "the Lord HEALS" and at the time I got the name from God I didn't know that I would struggle getting pregnant. So when it finally happened I knew it was a miracle and God has healed my womb!  Josiah also means "The Lord burns" or "Fire of the Lord". He's gonna be an evangelist for the Lord!! =)
My labor went so well... by the time I got to the hospital I had 3 1/2 hrs to go...  There were no complications and I didn't need stitches or anything! Yay!! Don't get me wrong it was intense but so great at the same time! I can't believe we have a little person now!!! Ahhhhh!!  Both Luke and I can't stop looking at him! Anyway everything is going well and we are getting the hang of being new parents and are enjoying every moment of it. 
Josiah Lee Roque
Born Jan 8th 2016
11:07am
5lb 14oz
 
One cool story: At the hospital where I gave birth God did an amazing thing. I kept praying that something supernatural would happen in the maternity ward or that we could touch people in there with the love of God in some way. Well the night before I went into labor I had a prophetic dream where all these hospital people appeared in my room and they were all bustling around me trying to force me to take drugs. Then all of a sudden this woman around the age of 50 appeared and came up to me and held my hand and spoke something to me that COMPLETELY calmed me down. I was so moved by her presence that I told all the other people to leave my room and all I wanted was her there! Then I woke up.......  WELL.....  The next day I went into labor and when I got to the hospital I was taken to the birth suite as my contractions were happening fast. No one tried to force drugs on me (I labored completely drug free woo hoo!!)  BUT as I was going through some strong contractions this other midwife who was not the one attending my birth "happened" to come into my room to bring something to my midwife real quick and leave ... and when she saw me starting a contraction she ran over and GRABBED MY HAND... the second she touched me my whole countenance changed and I was so calm... then I looked up to see who touched me and IT WAS THE WOMAN IN MY DREAM!!!  I was so shocked that I cried out, "what is your name!" as she was about to leave and her name was Liz (which is my mom's name). I told her, "You were in my dream last night!!!" and she said shocked, "Well that makes sense cuz I didn't sleep at all last night!!" I asked her to stay and she did and got me through my WHOLE LABOR and was such a calming presence for me! She went through the whole ward and told everyone that I had dreamt of her and how crazy that was.... Come to find out that she is one of the main midwifes in the ward there and there are a few christians who work there who have been praying for her and witnessing to her.  Well God's got her number cuz I've never dreamt of someone and met them ... I stayed in the hospital for 4 days and she came in all the time to check on me and we really connected and I told her about God! Pray for her to find Jesus cuz she is so special! Here is a pic of us!
Here are some other fun pics... Josiah at 1 month old (left picture) and one where he is really little when we first brought him home.. He was so tiny (5lbs 14oz) that this was the only outfit that fit him! Everything else was like a dress on him lol...


Other fun events:

We became Aussie citizens!

Don't worry we still have our US citizenship! It's just nice for us now that we don't have to worry about visas anymore yay!!

We are coming back to the states this summer!! Probably around June-Aug.

We are just getting Josiah's passport and all his travel documents prepared so he can be a little traveling man with us!!
It was hilarious trying to get his passport photo with him looking straight forward and mouth closed and eyes open... lol.. So funny!
Well this is a new season for us that we have long waited for and are SO happy to embrace! Can't wait to see you all in the summer!!!

Luke and Bethany

No comments: